Limited Worship Attendance &
Small Group Meetings Reopen
Positive cases, hospitalizations and deaths continue to decline for the county and for our immediate zip codes. This is such good news!
Based on this, we offer in-sanctuary worship on Sunday mornings for up to 15 attendees by appointment. We are so happy to be able to open up the sanctuary for worship again. The information for attending weekly worship is below.
We are safely restarting small group meetings by appointment within the church. Below is information
about these opportunities, the precautions and what to expect.
Please make your weekly reservation (see below) to join us, and continue to pray for our members and our community during this time.
If you do not attend worship in-person, the service can be viewed on-line Sunday at 9:30 AM and during the week. To view the service Sunday at 9:30 AM or during the week, you can view the service on Facebook, at https://www.fumcypsi.org/ or at https://bit.ly/FUMCYpsi . People can also phone 734-275-2069 to hear the service at any time. And if you would like a written copy of the sermon, please call the church office (734-
In-Sanctuary Worship by Reservation Each Sunday
If you are interested in attending the live service in the building, please call the church office at 734-482-8374 and talk to (or leave a message for) Kim, the Church Administrator, letting her know the date of the service you’d like to attend. Or you can email her at . She will get back to you and confirm your attendance. (We’re asking her to do this so that we don’t exceed 15 people in the sanctuary.) Please call a reservation by Thursday for the next Sunday worship service.
Please consider these things as you plan to attend the service.
- Do not come if you are ill, even if it’s just the sniffles. We don’t want to take any chances.
- Consider whether you are likely to need the bathroom during the time you’ll be in the
building. There is only one bathroom available; it’s near the youth room (under the
sanctuary) in the lowest level, and is available for emergencies only. All the other
bathrooms are still under construction.
Here is what to expect as you attend the service:
- You must wear a mask before entering the building, during service and until after you exit.
- When you enter the building through the West door (the one closest to the parking lot), there will be
someone to greet you, ask typical COVID health questions, and provide hand sanitizer for you.
- If you use the elevator, only one person or household can use it at a time.
- When you reach the sanctuary, there will be an usher to greet you and escort you to a distanced seat.
Please stay seated before and during the entire service, even though we all would like to get up
and talk each other.
- After the service is done, you may either leave or stay for a few minutes of facilitated fellowship. The usher will assist you again in exiting the service.
- Do not congregate in the hallways to greet each other, but move immediately outside.
Small Group Meetings by Reservation
Please schedule your small group meeting with Kim, our Church Administrator, at 734-482-8374. She will identify the best space for your group, and will send the identified group coordinator a checklist of items to ensure safety for everyone before, during and after the meeting. Also, keep in mind that the bathrooms (except for the one on the lowest level) are not yet available for use. We are expecting them to be available about mid-March.
We are so happy to be able to open up the sanctuary for worship again. Please make your weekly reservation (see below) to join us, and continue to pray for our members and our community during this time.
COVID Response Team Meetings & Members
We continue to monitor COVID information on a weekly basis, and develop plans based on this. Our COVID-19 response team includes Ed Smith (Chair), Lisa Friedman, Dave Nickerson, Gerry Conti, Mark McClure, and Pastor Bri. As always, questions or comments can be sent to any of us.
Building use limits remaining
1. Except for Sunday Worship and small group meetings described above, the church building is closed to all except essential workers. Please contact staff members by telephone or email (contact info at the end of weekly Catch the Spirit).
2. The Small World Shop will be open by appointment. Home delivery may be possible. Please contact Betty Johnston (734-485-0262) or the office (734-482-8374).
3. Gift cards from major retailers may be purchased by calling the church office or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Please call the office (734-482-8374) before coming to the church, rather than stopping by. The church office will continue to be staffed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.. All our staff are also available by appointment.
5. The sanctuary will not be available during this interim time, and small groups will not be able to meet in the church. Pastor Bri is available by email or phone ( or 734-730-6747).