UPDATE FROM COVID 19 RESPONSE TEAM
The Team continues to meet and is working closely with staff and other church leaders to assess the situation and how we might return safely. We are currently looking at plans to begin to welcome congregants back to worship in the coming months, when it is safe to do so, and will keep you updated about timelines and procedures. The continuing bathroom renovations are also being factored in! We hope to reopen to small groups and start having open sanctuary hours again in the next few weeks. In the meantime, please contact our staff by telephone, email, or appointment. The church’s office is open to essential workers on Tuesday and Wednesday, 10:15am-3:15pm. Please call first before stopping by.
Ash Wednesday Worship will be online this year. Join us online as we begin the Lenten season on Wednesday, February 17 at 7pm at www.bit.ly/FUMCYpsi.
The restrictions noted in the below 11/28/2020 update continue in effect.
UPDATE FROM THE CHURCH
COVID 19 RESPONSE TEAM
With the rise of cases, the Church Covid-19 response team has made the following decisions to keep everyone
safe and healthy.
1. The church building is closed to all except essential workers. Please contact staff members by telephone or email (contact info at the end of weekly Catch the Spirit). Stay home and stay safe.
2. We will continue with virtual worship services at least through Ash Wednesday, February 17, 2021. Only those
participating in a worship service will be present. Therefore, people are not be able to attend these
services as they are recorded.
The service can be accessed on Facebook, at https://www.fumcypsi.org/
or at https://bit.ly/FUMCYpsi . People can also phone 734-275-2069 to hear the service at any time.
And if you would like a written copy of the sermon, please call the church office (734-
3. The Small World Shop will be open by appointment. Home delivery may be possible. Please contact the office
(734-482-8374) or Betty Johnston (734-485-0262).
4. Gift cards from major retailers also may be purchased by calling the church office or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. Please call the office (734-482-8374) before coming to the church, rather than stopping by. The church office will continue to be staffed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.. All our staff are also available by appointment.
6. The sanctuary will not be available during this interim time, and small groups will not be able to meet in the church. Pastor Bri is available by email or phone ( or 734-730-6747).
We are taking a step back, but remaining faithful in our belief that God is with us and will be our rock and redeemer even in these difficult times. And we recognize that we need to do our part also. Please continue to wear a mask, stay six feet away from others, and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
And please get a flu shot (and COVID shot when available)!
Your Covid-19 response team: Ed Smith (Chair), Lisa Friedman, Dave Nickerson, Gerry Conti, Mark McClure, and