Lent & Easter Worship Services & Events
Lent is the forty days that lead up to the celebration of Easter. Lent is a season for reflection, repentance, and fasting, as we prepare to witness again the great mystery of Jesus’ death and resurrection.
We invite you to join us during Lent. Sunday worship services leading up to Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday start at 9:30 A.M..
2020 Lent / Easter worship services include :
* Ash Wednesday, February 26th, 7:00 P.M.
* Palm Sunday, April 5th, 9:30 A.M. Worship includes Choir performing Gabriel Faure's Requiem.
* Maundy Thursday Worship, April 9th, 7 P.M.
* Good Friday Stations of the Cross & Prayer Vigil, Friday, April 10th, 12 - 3 P.M. in Sanctuary.
* Good Friday Service, April 10th 7:00 P.M.. Combined service with First Presbyterian Church, Ypsilanti.
* Easter Breakfast, Sunday, April 12th, 8:30 to 10 A.M..
* Easter worship, Sunday, April 12st, 10:00 A.M.. Open Communion for all persons.
* Choir and Orchestra performing Lux Aeterna during Worship. Sunday, April 19th, 9:30 A.M..
Other Lent events include :
* Fat Tuesday, February 22nd pancake dinner
* Sunday, March 1st - Lenten dinner at 5 P.M. with speaker from Eastern Michigan University
* Sunday, March 22nd - Lenten dinner with music featuring Jill Hunsberger